Capstan material resources are separated between structural materials and porous filter material. All Capstan material is cross-referenced with ASTM and ISO standards ensuring the highest quality. Capstan purchases material strictly from ISO certified suppliers and has the capability of tracing our products back to the material lot used during production. Upon request, Capstan will send the composition specific to the batch used in producing your part.
Below are two lists of materials used at Capstan; Filter material and Structural material. Please note, Capstan is not limited to these materials. Upon request Capstan can use a wide variety of materials specific to an application or product.
Each material comes in different filtration grades.
Materials Regularly Ordered
- Bronze………………….Grade (microns): 5, 10, 20, 25, 30, 35, 40, 80, 90, 100
- Stainless Steel……….Grade (microns): 0.5, 2, 5, 10, 20, 40, 100
- Copper-Nickel……….Grade (microns): 0.5, 2, 5, 10, 20, 40, 100
- Nickel…………………..Grade (microns): 0.5, 2, 5, 10, 20, 40, 100
- Monel…………………..Grade (microns): 0.5, 2, 5
Please note we are not restricted to these sizes or materials. Capstan can provide different grades and/or different material if necessary.
Whether a part calls out for a specific material, must reach a certain density, or needs a specific hardness, Capstan will work with your firm to use the best material possible for your product. Below are common materials used at Capstan. Please not we are not limited to these materials. If necessary Capstan can use other materials upon request.
Structural Materials Regularly Ordered
- Iron & Carbon Steel
- Iron-Copper & Copper Steel
- Iron-Nickel & Nickel Steel
- Prealloyed Steel
- Hybrid Low-Alloy Steel
- Sinter-Hardened Steel
- Diffusion-Alloyed Steel
- Copper Infiltrated Iron and Steel
- Stainless Steel (300 Series Alloy, 400 Series Alloy)
- Copper & Copper Alloys
- Soft-Magnetic Alloys
- Chromium Steel (Astaloy™)
- Austenitic Nickel-Chromium-Based Superalloys (Inconel: Oxidation and corrosion resistant. Good for extreme environments (high/low pressure, high/low heat)